This is a smartphone reissue of the ninth edition of the world's longest-established pocket English dictionary by Oxford University Press.
It is one of the new generation Oxford dictionaries derived from the database of the highly acclaimed New Oxford Dictionary of English and is particularly user friendly with its elegant open design, with different elements starting on new lines. It offers excellent coverage of English as an international language and thousands of examples to illustrate usage.
All irregular noun, verb, and adjectival inflections are spelled out in full, while guidance on grammar and good usage is provided by in-text notes. Additional features include Wordbuilder boxes giving information on related words and thematic tables on subjects such as countries, chemical elements, and nationalities.
The Pocket Oxford English Dictionary is displayed by MSDict Viewer - an innovative dictionary reader specially designed to combine high data compression for memory restricted devices with a fast search algorithm and user-friendly interface with amazing speed. The viewer supports multiple dictionaries installed at a time.
MSDict Viewer Features:
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
- Hyperlinks between different related articles
- Support for dictionaries installed on memory cards
- Searching that starts on first letter you enter
- Learning features - random word and word of the day
- Nokia 3230, 6260, 6600, 6620, 6630, 6670, 6680, 6681, 6682, 6800, 6810, 6820, 7610
- Samsung SGH-D720, SGH-D730
- Panasonic X700, X701, X800